Tonkatsu Japanese Pork Cutlet RecipeNovember 5, 2020
Erawan Glutinous Rice Flour, 1kg
Glutinous Rice Flour is milled from short or long-grain rice. But Erawan brand of Glutinous rice is grounded from long-grain sweet white rice. This rice flour is free of gluten, which makes it an ideal substitute for wheat flour. It provides a unique chewy texture when heated and hence is used in dumplings, pastries, noodles, pancakes, desserts and other Asian cuisines. In India, people use it for making sweet snacks, idlis, dosas, pancakes, chaklis, etc. Beside using the flour for a variety of preparations, it is also a perfect ingredient for thickening gravies and sauces.
Glutinous Rice Flour Snack Recipe
- Take a bowl and add 200 gms of glutinous rice flour.
- Add 70-to 80 gms of sugar to the rice
- Add 3 tablespoon of ghee
- Mix all the three well with a spoon
- Add sufficient quantity of water and make a dough and keep it aside
- Take a large pan and pour edible oil in it for deep frying. Heat the oil in medium frame
- Take a small quantity of dough on one hand and gently press it with another to give it a round shape (The size of dough will depend on how small or big snack you want to enjoy)
- Put the rounded-shaped dough in the pan and stir-fry until they turned golden brown
- Once you see the dough are cooked, take them into a plate and repeat the procedure with the remaining dough
- Once all the dough is cooked, sweet, crispy snack is ready to eat.